Juventus superstar Ronaldo under investigation for breaching coronavirus protocols, says Italian sports minister

cristiano to face the law

Juventus superstar Ronaldo under investigation for breaching coronavirus protocols, says Italian sports minister

Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is under investigation for breaching coronavirus protocols following his positive test earlier this month, according to Italy's sports minister.

Ronaldo was laid low with Covid-19 midway through the international break, having featured in a 0-0 friendly draw with Spain and the UEFA Nations League fixture against France which ended in the same scoreline.

The 35-year-old was forced to miss Portugal 3-0 win over Sweden on October 14 after his positive diagnosis, and went straight into self-isolation.

Previously asked whether Ronaldo had broken coronavirus regulations after leaving Portugal's training camp, Italy sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora said on October 15: "Without authorization from the health authorities, I think he has violated the protocol.”

Spadafora has now reasserted his claim and revealed that the Juve striker's actions are being officially investigated.

Per Report: "Cristiano did not respect the protocol. There is an investigation by the Federal Prosecutor's Office to prove it.

"The virus has taught us that no one is exempt, obviously they are all people who have tried to respect the protocols as much as possible, but the only solution, in the end, is to stay at home."